Wednesday, April 3, 2013

E-Design Nursery Before and After


Back in November I did a post about an e-design project I was working on. The project was one of my favorites I've ever done! What can I say, I just really enjoy children's spaces! 


My client wanted a space that had a well traveled feel to it. 


She wanted this print to be her inspiration for the room. She had lived in the middle east for awhile so the print really represented her. 

Here is a snapshot of the room before...


And here it is after! 


paint color: Fresh Day by Behr 



Rhino Head: Z Gallerie 


It was really fun sourcing artwork for her  little gallery wall. We both loved this Massachusetts map print, this Always be Kind print, this canal print of Amsterdam  and this Paris Eiffel Tower print


We used Schumacher's Adras Ikat to tie in all the colors. It's the same fabric I used here for Jett's headboard







We went back and forth on a few options for maps above the crib but ultimately decided on this one made by an artist in France. 


To see past projects I have done go here.

While I am not currently taking new clients I do have great designers I can recommend. Email me at kirstenkrason@gmail.com for info. 

22 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this room! So fresh and happy. Fun to see the mood board come to life, too!

    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are so vibrant. And, the dog booty hooks...too cute! Great work, Kristen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! That fabric is perfection for draperies!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful space! It will grow so well with the baby. I love the pops of bright color! So cheerful and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful space for a little one. The artwork is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! That print is fabulous...and I love that Rhino head above the bed. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it all - the colors are great and you really know what you're doing! www.styleoyster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cheery!

    The "love" pillow is so cute do you have the source for that? And what is the print about the twin bed it was on your design board?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those curtains! The room is adorable as always!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great space! It's so fun to see your design work on your blog again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! Such a fun fresh room. I love the map over the crib. Another amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, I love this room!! So adorable. Love all of the fun details, colors and prints. I can see why you love doing children's rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The "Love" pillow is from HoneyPieDesign on Etsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This possibly might be one of my favorite nursery's you have designed too! Love everything about it. =)

    Kayla @ lebaroninteriors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a darling room, I love the print that was used for the inspiration! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the giraffe! Do you have a source for that?

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Too cute! Love the Etsy prints by Laura Amiss! I had never seen her shop until now. To die for!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your blog!! I have been following for a little while and we live in the Harvard/Yale area (not sure if you know what I'm talking about, but it's SLC) I just did our nursery using a lot of inspiration from your blog...and I have to say...it turned out pretty amazing! It's slightly hydrogenous, but I love greys, golds, yellows...Thank you for having such great taste so that I could copy some of it! I'll post some pictures soon, I have just started out updating my blog after being pretty dormant for years...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. I try and answer any questions directly in the comment section so if you ask a question come back to look for my answer. However it is much easier for me to answer questions through email at kirstenkrason@gmail.com.

Have a Great Day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails