Saturday, November 7, 2009

How to Make This


I love the look of silhouettes. I thought that our small family would look cute hung up in our new home. Here are the way easy steps to making some for yourself:

#1 Take a profile picture, print it on card-stock and then cut out the silhoutte. Get as much detail as you can in. I was even able to capture my babies eyelashes.

#2 Paint them black. I think if you wanted you could really paint them any color. You could even paste the picture to some patterned paper for an artsy look.

#3 Glue the dried picture to some card-stock and frame. That's it!! I got these frames at Ikea and I already had the other supplies. So this project was cheap as well as easy.

3 comments:

  1. Cute! I love that you did Romy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I did this crafty little project last night & then tonight found it here on your blog! I love the doggy. I think I may just have to make one of my kitty now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kirsten: I would love to make these. What was the size of the photos you printed? Also, I do not have my own printer so would Walmart or Target be able to print the photos onto card stock?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. I try and answer any questions directly in the comment section so if you ask a question come back to look for my answer. However it is much easier for me to answer questions through email at kirstenkrason@gmail.com.

Have a Great Day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails